Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Irish Hymnal Arrives!



When I got home last night, my son got in the mail and asked if I was waiting for a package from Oxford University Press. I shouted, "Yes!" and ran over to the dinner table where the package was sitting, damp from the rain. I opened the package and inside was the Church Hymnal of the Church of Ireland. The time was 5:15 PM. As I left the house with the Church Hymnal under my arm at 5:25 to take my son to piano lessons and I told my wife, "Now I have something to do!" She laughed. By midnight, I had devoured the hymnal, reading each one of the 719 hymns and marking all the Irish hymn tunes for my upcoming Irish Hymn Festival (March 17, 2008, 3:30 & 7:00 PM at Faith Lutheran Church, Fond du Lac, WI).

Now I'm waiting for my other purchase to come in the mail: the Companion to the Church Hymnal.

No comments:

Post a Comment