Monday, July 19, 2010

Did the Underground Railroad run through Fond du Lac, WI?



This was an unintended interview. I had just been researching the connection between the Underground Railroad and Fond du Lac, WI's Octagon House at the FDL Library. I rode my bike over to the FDL Octagon House just to take a picture of the outside and noticed that the owner was in and taking tours. I didn't want a tour, just more information about the hidden rooms and passageways in the house, namely, could she corroborate that the Underground Railroad came through Fond du Lac, WI. Marlene Hansen, the owner of the FDL Octagon House, brought me into the house and proceeded to tell me everything she knew about the connection between her house and the Underground Railroad. It was much more than the Fond du Lac Public Library had! (unedited recording)




Interview with Marlene Hansen about Underground Railroad & the FDL Octagon House by Dale Witte

No comments:

Post a Comment