Monday, January 25, 2010

A New Look

For a while now when I go to my own blog, I think, "Man, this looks cluttered." I've tried widening the column widths via geeky template coding methods, but I wasn't successful in the past. That is until yesterday when I happened to visit the blog of Steven W. Anderson, a teacher who goes by the handle @web20classroom on Twitter. His blog, Blogging About the Web 2.0 Connected Classroom, was wide and not cluttered, so I asked him how he did it. He was so nice to get back to me right away and give me a couple tips. Funny thing? It's just the Minima Stretch template from Blogger's normal templates. (Duh, Dale!)

Let me know what you think. Ultimately, a blog's look and ease of navigation will either encourage or discourage repeat visitors (that and timely topics). If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I like it. It looks pretty good. The color change, which I don't know was planned or not, reminds me of a story Mr. Kerr once told. It was one of the first times he was on the internet, and he wanted to print a page off of a website. The site was of some Arab country, and when he printed, since the background was black and the words were white, the ink left the words white, and the ink colored the whole page black. So I think the color change from black background to white is a very good idea, so that that couldn't happen to anybody who wanted to print something off of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes prefer reading black print on a white page, the new style is more pleasing, less cluttered, in my opinion. :)

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete