Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2009 WLA Spring Choir Concert Date Change


***CHANGE YOUR CALENDARS***

MAY 17, 2009 @ 7:00 PM

***CHANGE YOUR CALENDARS***

I must not have been thinking last spring when I made out the concert schedule for this school year that Memorial Day weekend was about the earliest it could ever be this year. So I put the Spring choir concert in it's normal spot–as late as possible in May, on the Sunday after the senior's last day. It was a couple of weeks ago that a couple of WLA parents caught the conflict with Memorial Day weekend (thank you Sehloffs!) and asked me about it.

With the Vajda Hymn Festival this weekend, I've been working on the program and looked ahead at remaining music dates for this school year, and I saw it again–I did put the Spring choir concert on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. What was I thinking???

So, to avoid any conflicts with both students and families wanting to get away that weekend, I've decided to move the concert date up one week to Sunday, May 17. The time is still the same (7:00 PM) and the location is too (WLA gym). What's on the program? Among other works that night, the Traveling Choir will be performing the music of Jackson Berkey that they will be singing at their 3rd invitation to sing at Carnegie Hall at 2:00 PM on June 14, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment