Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paul Manz Hymn Festival - 3/21/10

A PAUL MANZ HYMN FESTIVAL
Presented by the Music Department of Winnebago Lutheran Academy
at St. Peter’s Ev. Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Main St., Fond du Lac, WI •March 21, 2010 • 3:30 and 7:00 PM

Participating Choirs: WLA Traveling Choir, Viking Choir, Freshman Choir, and Handbell Choir • Guest Organists: Phil Otto (St. Peter's, Fond du Lac) and Mark Davidson (Grace, Milwaukee) • Dale Witte, director

THE HYMN FESTIVAL - Streamed live 3/21/10 3:30 and 7:00 PM


Live TV : Ustream

Preservice Music: 
Blessed Jesus, at Your Word
Oh that I Had a Thousand Voices
Lord of Glory, Who Has Bought Us
Jesus, Thy Church with Longing Eyes
Now Sing We, Now Rejoice
Thy Strong Word

Hodie Processional (MSM-50-1021)
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (MSM-60-9005)

Christus natus est - Christ was born

E’en So Lord Jesus Quickly Come (CPH 98-1054)
Peace Came to Earth (MSM-50-1020)

Christus passus est - Christ has suffered

Psalm 130 (Summy Birchard 1547)
Jesus, I Will Ponder Now (MSM-10-300)
Aria (arr. for handbells by Jeffery Honoré, MSM-30-912)

Christus resurrectus est - Christ has been raised

Now the Green Blade Rises (arr. for handbells by Pam Zuberbier)
Jesus Christ Is Risen Today (MSM-10-402)
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing (Mack Wilberg, Oxford)

Christus regnat - Christ reigns!

Let Us Ever Walk with Jesu(MSM-50-9405)
I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light (MSM-60-9019)
Postlude: Partita on St. Anne
II. Theme
VII. Fugue-Finale

1 comment:

  1. OK, back when I was learning to read, way back in the TLH days, I noticed above the music that "Jesus Christ is Risen Today" was divided into "Choir" and "Choir and Congregation."

    I guess I've always been a rubrics man, and I remember going "shhhh" to my sister and pointing to the part for choir alone. Then I probably whispered something like, "We're only supposed to sing the Alleluias!" :)

    ReplyDelete