My two days looked like this:
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2009
8:00 am - 8:40 am UW River Falls Concert Choir
10:00 am - 11:15 am Dalcroze Eurhrythmics for Choir
Lunch & Exhibits
2:45 pm - 4:00 PM Vocal Jazz Improvisation
8:00 pm WSMA High School State Honors Treble & Mixed Choir Concert
Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
8:30 am - 9:10 am Carthage College Choir
10:00 am - 11:15 am GarageBand not GarbageBand
11:30 am - 12:30 pm WSMA High School State Honors Jazz Ensemble Concert
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm Web 2.0: Let's Communicate with Blogs, Wikis, Ning, Twitter and More
2:45 pm - 4:00 pm Starting a Guitar Class from Scratch
- Seeing how every motion in Dalcroze has an application to line and phrase and pitch and expression!
- Seeing so many WELS high school and grade school choir and band directors!
- Great food, fun, and fellowship with good friends!
- Feeling professional, like I was a part of all the discussions, and on the right track!
- Not being afraid to scat or improv in front of about 60 music teachers!
- Getting countless choral programming ideas from all the concerts!
- Meeting someone just as excited about music technology as me–Carol Broos!
- Getting validation that teaching guitar is a necessary lifelong musical activity!