Jaroslav Vajda passed from this life to eternal life on May 10, 2008 at the age of 89. His hymn texts, such as "Where Shepherds Lately Knelt" and "Go, My Children, with My Blessing", have become well known in the Wisconsin Synod ever since Christian Worship was published in 1993. With over 225 hymns texts and translations to his credit published in some 60 hymnals on five continents (all written after the age of 50!), Jaroslav Vajda was not only "the dean of hymn writers in North America" but was also a blessing of God to his Church throughout the world.
The following hymns will be performed by the WLA choirs:
- Christ, Around Your Word Assembled
- Now the Silence / Then the Glory
- Where Shepherds Lately Knelt
- God Has a Plan for All
- O Dearest Friend / Begin the Song of Glory Now
- Jesus, Take Us to the Mountain (world premiere)
- Up Through Endless Ranks of Angels
- This Child of Ours
- God of the Sparrow
- O God, Eternal Father, Lord
- Giver of Every Perfect Gift
- Christ Goes Before
- Go, My Children, with My Blessing
A dinner will be served in between concerts in the Faith commons for anyone who wishes to eat. A freewill donation will be taken to assist Traveling Choir students who will be singing at Carnegie Hall on June 14, 2009.