So, I made a decision which embarrassed me. I want to start each rehearsal this year with a passage from God's Word about singing. I was embarrassed because isn't that what I should have been doing for the last 16 years anyway?
I'm asking each student to do the following when their turn comes up:
- Stand up and read the Bible reference and passage for the choir.
- Explain the context, setting, and people of the verse.
- Answer the question "Why were they singing?"
- Make the application for our lives: "Why do we sing?"
- The choir will reread the reference and passage out loud.
- All will close with the singing of Christian Worship 283:4